SSC CGL 2019 Notification,Exam Dates, Eligibility and Syllabus
The Staff Selection Commission organized the SSC CGL each and every year for selecting the eligible candidates for various posts such as Group B as well as Group C. SSC is the leading Government organization conducts the exam for the non-technical and non-gazetted pots. The recruitment is basically done in the various organizations/ministries/departments of the central government. Since the confirmation of the release date of the SSC CGL 2019 notification has come. Let us have a look at the SSC CGL 2018-19 exam notification, important dates, recruitment, eligibility, and syllabus.
Highlights of SSC CGL 2019
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2019 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date||July 25 to August 20, 2019 (Tier 1)|
|Eligibility||Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
SSC CGL Recruitment 2019
The SSC conducts the exam in a couple of stages such as Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 as well as Tier-4. It is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify all the stages for making it to the merit list of the SSC. Last year, the SSC CGL notification was out on 5th May 2018. So, we are expecting the same thing around the same date.
A brief about Tier 1,2,3 and 4:
Tier-1: The Tier-1 exam will take place in June 2019 via online mode in multiple slots. All the questions will be of objective type.
Tier-2: The paper comprises of two sections Quantitative Aptitude and English of 200 marks.
Tier-3: It is a descriptive paper. The main motive to take the exam is just to check the writing skills of the candidates in English or Hindi.
Tier-4: The exam is specifically for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Exam Dates of SSC CGL 2019
Since there is an uncertainty on the exam dates, so we can have a look at SSC CGL 2018 Exam dates. Last year, the online application for the same was started from 5th May 2018. The following table will help you out to understand better.
SSC CGL 2019 Important Dates
|Online application starts||March 2019|
|Last date of submission of application||April 2019|
|Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier-I Examination||June 2019|
|Tier-I Exam Result||August 2019|
|Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||August 2019|
|Tier-II Examination||September 2019|
|Tier-II Result||October 2019|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||December 2019|
The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2019
To appear for the SSC CGL Exam, the candidate should the citizen of India. He or she must fall under the given age limit. Also, the candidate needs to hold the educational qualification to be eligible for various posts. For getting a detailed insight into the SSC CGL eligibility criteria, let us have a look at the points given below:
A. Assistant Audit/ Accounts Officer
- He or she should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Business Economics or Chartered Accountant or Cost and Management Accountant or Company Secretary.
B. Junior Statistical Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with not less than 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level, Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline along with Statistics as one of the core subjects.
Recently the board has increased the age limit for the SSC CGL exam. The minimum age limits to appear for the SSC CGL Exam is 27 years and the maximum age limit is of 32 years. However, the age limit varies from post to post.
Post Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
Check Your Age Eligibility
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
How to register for the SSC CGL 2019?
The candidates will get the form in March 2019 and will continue till April 2019. The form will be available online on the official website of SSC. All the candidates need to fill the form in online mode in overall.
- Firstly, you need to register by providing the email ID, phone number as well as the password.
- Once done, you will get a registration number.
- You need to enter the registration number and password to log in for future use.
- Fill all the details of the application form and upload the scanned copy of a photograph and the signature in the JPEG format.
- Finally, all the unreserved male candidates need to pay the pay the application fee of Rs 100.
Steps to fill the SSC Application Form
- Visit the official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in).
- Login by providing the registration number and password.
- Start filling the application form by providing all the personal as well as the educational details.
- Once done, proceed for the payment gateway. You can make the payment through debit card, net banking or e-challan of State Bank of India.
SSC CGL Form Correction
The candidates can modify the information once. They are also notified about any sort of discrepancy in the information. Following are the field where the candidates can make changes:
- Examination City
- Father’s Name
- Name of the candidate
- Address of the candidate
Application Fees of SSC CGL
The following table shows the application fee of the SSC CGL 2019 Exam.
|Female all Category||NIL|
Note: Fee once submitted would not be refundable from the side of SSC under any circumstance.
Status of the Form of SSC CGL
All the candidates can check the status of their online application. For this, they need to visit the official website of the SSC. Through the status, they will get to know whether the application fr has been received by the board or not.
Following are the details that you will get to see on the SSC CGL Form Status:
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
The candidates will receive the hall ticket a week before the date of exam. To get the admit card, the candidates need to visit the official website of SSC. As no physical copy of the admit card will be dispatched so candidates need to download it from the site itself. All the candidates will need to provide the Roll Number/ Registration Number and the D.O.B/Password to log in.
- Generally, the candidates will get the admit card of the Tier-1 in the first week of July 2019.
- Then they will able to download from the website.
However, the SSC will release the admit card separately for the various levels such as Tier-2 and Tier-3, i.e., once the candidates clear the Tier-1 exam, they will get to receive the admit card of Tier-2 and so on.
How to download the SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
- Go to the official website of the SSC CGL.
- Secondly, click on to the link which shows ‘ SSC CGL Admit Card’.
- There you need to enter the registration number and the password.
- Finally, download the admit card.
Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2019
Candidates need to go through the four different levels to get the job.
Tier-1 consists of 100 MCQ questions.
Tier-2 is totally a descriptive paper which consists of two different parts Mathematics and English. Each paper carries 200 marks and of 2 hours of time duration.
Tier-3 is a subjective exam of one hour and finally, Tier-4 is the computer proficiency or the typing test.
|Mode of Examination||Online (Except tier-3)|
|Number of questions||100 (in Tier 1 and Mathematics Tier-2), 200 (English Tier 2)|
|Maximum Marks||200 in Tier 1, 400 in Tier 2, 100 in Tier 3|
|Duration||1 Hour (Tier 1), 2 Hours (Tier 2), 1 Hour (Tier 3)|
|Sections||4 (In Tier 1)|
Marking scheme for SSC CGL 2019
- Tier-1 and tier-2 consist of MCQs that carry equal marks.
- Candidates will get two marks for each correct answer in both the exams.
- However, 0.25 will be deducted for a wrong
- Overall marks of the Tier-3 is 100.
Syllabus for the SSC CGL 2019
Tier-1 consists of four different sections and they are General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English Language.
The online exam is again subdivided into a couple of sections such as English, Mathematics, Statistics and General Studies.
- This is completely a descriptive paper for testing the writing skills in English or Hindi.
- The exam will be in the offline mode. Here the candidates will write applications, essays, letters, etc.
- Overall marks of the exam are
- Candidate needs to complete the exam in 60 minutes.
- Tier-III paper is specifically for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler.
Data Entry Speed Test
For the Central Excise and Income Tax, the candidates appear for this exam for checking the typing speeds. All the candidates need to copy-write an article in English on the computer in 15 minutes. Total words count is 2000.
Computer Proficiency Test
Spread Sheet, Word Processing, PPT are the three different parts of the exam. The exam is only for the post of CSS, MEA, and Inspector.
The result of SSC CGL 2019
The candidates can expect the result in May-June, 2020 on the official website of SSC. For this, the candidates need to log in to the website to check the result.
The results are subdivided in marks-wise and posts wisely. That means the candidates getting the highest marks in AIR will specifically be allotted the job first.
How to check the SSC CGL Result 2019?
All the candidates can check the results of all the Tiers. They will be able to check their scores on the website. The board publishes the scores after each tier. Check out the steps given below:
- Firstly, visit the official website of SSC.
- Secondly, click on to the CGL 2019 Pdf.
- Download the Pdf.
- Finally, open the Pdf file to get the result.
The selection process of SSC CGL 2019
- The candidates who qualify in Tier-1 can appear for the Tier-2 exam.
- All the candidates who qualify the Tier-2 will be able to appear for the both Tire-3 and Tier-4.
- The merit lits of the SSC CGL is totally depends on the marks of Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3.
- The Tier-4 is only for some posts.
The candidates who qualify all the tiers will get the jobs in various Central government ministries and offices in India. They will specifically receive the joining letter within a month of the entire process of the exam which includes the document verification. However, all the candidates will specifically be informed for the same in advance.
Which is the best SSC CGL coaching Institute in Delhi?
To qualify successfully in the SSC CGL 2019 exam, it is very important to study well and go through each and every section of the paper. A proper guide is must to clear the exam. If you are one who is looking for the best SSC CGL coaching institute in Delhi, then we highly recommend you to go for Career Darshan Competitive Academy.
We offer a couple of test series to our students, All the test series are made as per the latest pattern. Through this, you can get a clear picture of your strong as well as weak areas.
Comprehensive classroom program
One can get the student-friendly classroom environment. We in Career Darshan Competitive Academy also offer reader-friendly study materials to help our students better to understand the SSC CGL exam.
So what are you waiting for? Enroll for your preferred program and have the best chance to crack the SSC Exams with Career Darshan Competitive Academy.